A proposal for Fedora updates

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Fri Mar 27 15:52:59 UTC 2015

On Fri, 27 Mar 2015 10:35:50 -0500
Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs at math.uh.edu> wrote:

> KF> Right, as I noted at the end of that other long mail, there's
> KF> discussion about a 'urgent updates' repo for security updates.
>
> Why not, when going to mash, mash only updates marked a security and
> get those out immediately, then mash everyhing else.  Is there a
> concern about dependencies in that case?

Several problems with that (at least):

* Mash has no ability/code to tell when something is a 'security
  update'. It operates on koji tags. So, I suppose we could make a
  f21-security-updates tag for it to operate on, but that would add a
  bunch of complexity to an already complex process and we would have
  to figure out the movement into and out of that tag, etc.

* Yes, there's a concern about deps. This is also an issue/concern for
  the 'urgent updates' repo.

kevin