A proposal for Fedora updates

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Fri Mar 27 16:22:35 UTC 2015

On Fri, 27 Mar 2015 15:40:44 +0200
Alexander Bokovoy <abokovoy at redhat.com> wrote:

> Is there a way to see if there are going to be huge updates?

Not that I know of. We have something like 1500 package maintainers and
~17,000 packages. Some of them are large, some of them update more
often than others, etc.

> Perhaps it would help to plan around pushing relatively more important
> updates by seeing what is the load on the machinery. In this
> particular case I'm after we have CVEs to publish co-related with
> RHEL advisory which went out yesterday so Fedora updates just got
> into a wave of texlive, but for future doing FreeIPA releases we may
> simply see if moving release a day or two into future would allow us
> to escape the wave.

Yeah, I'm not sure how to coordinate that. I guess we could ask
maintainers of those large packages to tell us when they are going to
update... or ask them to do their builds and wait a few days before
submitting the update (as then you could just watch for fedmsg on
them).

However, I'll note that the recent texlive updates were security as
well. ;)

kevin