Removing packages that have broken dependencies in F22 tree

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Tue May 5 20:42:52 UTC 2015

On Tue, 2015-05-05 at 14:02 -0600, Ken Dreyer wrote:
> On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 9:29 PM, Ken Dreyer <ktdreyer at ktdreyer.com>
> wrote:
> > On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 8:46 AM, Mamoru TASAKA <
> > mtasaka at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> > > By the way, I am not a maintainer of rubygem-rugged, either, and
> > > I don't use rubygem-rugged (currently). Anyway I want to know
> > > how the current maintainer think of the current status.
> > > If the current maintainer has no interest on this package,
> > > maybe it is better to get this retired.
> >
> > This package is in the dep chain for Gitlab so I'd really like to
> > see
> > it stay in Fedora, personally.
> >
> > I've applied for co-maintainership in pkgdb and I've updated
> > https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1166414 with a patch to get the package
> > building again for F22 and Rawhide.
>
> Here's the update that fixes the broken dependency with libgit2:
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/rubygem-rugged-0.22.1
> -0.1.b1.fc22
>
> Thanks Peter Robinson, Peter Smith, and Pete Walter for providing
> karma in Bodhi. You guys rock.
>
> Do I need to do something with https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1166414 to
> nominate it for a F22 freeze exception, or it'll be fine as-is?

Final Freeze is 2015-05-12. Until then updates can be pushed stable
once they meet the usual karma/time requirements. These dates are in
the calendar system:

https://fedorapeople.org/groups/schedule/f-22/f-22-devel-tasks.html

it's really a good idea to keep that link handy.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey