Naming packages when upstream uses dashes in the release version

Alec Leamas leamas.alec at gmail.com
Wed May 6 09:50:39 UTC 2015

On 06/05/15 11:23, Alexander Ploumistos wrote:

> I still think someone with more experience than me should add
> something to the wiki,
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:NamingGuidelines#Separators
> does not list such an exception (or if it does, I don't get it).

I think you are right. Also, the basic semantics that version part (i.
e. Version: tag) is what upstream designates and release/Release: is
what we as packagers set is not that clear.

OTOH, it does say that we should consult the list if unsure. Which
seemingly worked for you, this time :)

Cheers!

--alec