F23 System Wide Change: Disable SSL3 and RC4 by default

Stephen Gallagher sgallagh at redhat.com
Wed May 6 12:50:47 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----

"After this change, there may be no impact on compatibility after upgrade, if the local network of the user contains servers which only support the removed protocols or ciphers."

I suspect this should be updated to note that there IS a clear compatibility change with this feature. Or is this supposed to be stating that upgrades will NOT disable the existing ciphers?

Basically, there are two options that we can take for upgrades from F22:
1) Upgrade disables the legacy protocols and users must manually re-enable them if they need to.
2) Upgrade maintains whatever protocols the user had enabled in F22.

Personally, I prefer option 1) so that upgraded systems and freshly-installed systems are the same. Either way, this needs to be clearly stated in the Upgrade section of the Change, please.