gcc5 C++11 ABI rebuilds and FTBFS packages

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Thu May 7 07:42:26 UTC 2015

On Mon, May 04, 2015 at 01:09:23PM +0200, Kalev Lember wrote:
> So I went on and spent 30 minutes writing a script to rebuild C++
> packages on rawhide that hadn't gotten rebuilt yet, and ran the script
> over the weekend. The script was not very smart and it basically just
> brute forced its way through, trying to greedily build as many packages
> as possible. It did 5 passes over the packages, building a bit more and
> unbreaking deeper dep chains each time. I believe it's now converged to
> a set packages that need manual attention.

[This requires a degree in OCaml, but anyway ...]

Here is the script I use to rebuild the OCaml packages, in order, to
any depth of dependencies, automatically:

  http://git.annexia.org/?p=goals.git;a=blob;f=fedora_ocaml_rebuild.ml

It is based on goaljobs, which is a generalized form of 'make':

  http://git.annexia.org/?p=goaljobs.git;a=summary

Rich.