Unison in Fedora

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Thu May 7 18:19:27 UTC 2015

On Thu, May 07, 2015 at 07:01:44PM +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> I think the problem is almost everyone would be using unison-legacy,
> since that would be the only version compatible with the broader
> ecosystem of Unison servers (by which I mean Debian).
>
> So it doesn't really solve the "unnecessary updates" problem, if that
> is really a problem.

Well, presuambly, the frequently-changing package would be the
non-legacy one which is under active development, right? So,
unison-legacy wouldn't change often at all. Any non-critical fixes to
it, including "graduation"of non-legacy to legacy, could be done in
Rawhide, where mass rebuilds are likely to happen anyway, so all of the
almost-everyone using the legacy package would only see a new package
on system upgrade.

(Or is my logic here flawed?)

--
Matthew Miller