GNOME 3 bug?

Nathanael D. Noblet nathanael at gnat.ca
Fri May 8 15:42:20 UTC 2015

Hello,

  I updated my F21 workstation to F22 beta. Everything has gone well
except for some bug in GNOME.

  Window focus is messed up. When I click on a window in the
background it gets focus, but doesn't come to the foreground. Only
clicking a window title brings it forward. A side effect of this
behaviour if I click and drag a window that wasn't already the 'top'
most window, it drags it behind all other windows. Makes it difficult
to manage window placement if you can't see it.

  A new user created doesn't have the same issues.

  So is this a bug? Is there a way to 'reset' gnome settings to
defaults? Or detect differences between defaults and a user's settings
that may have caused this? I ask because previously I had window focus
set to follow the mouse at one point so perhaps a series of non
-standard settings is causing this.

  Finally is this something that I should file a bug on?

--
Nathanael