F23 System Wide Change: Mono 4

Dan HorĂ¡k dan at danny.cz
Tue May 12 12:07:31 UTC 2015

On Tue, 12 May 2015 13:42:46 +0200
Timotheus Pokorra <timotheus.pokorra at solidcharity.com> wrote:

> Hello Dan,
>
> I was made aware on IRC, that Claudio or myself should answer this
> question.
>
> > as Mono 4 adds support for the ppc64le architecture (and aarch64
> > support was probably added earlier), we (the Secondary arches team)
> > would like to see a full bootstrap and subsequent update of %
> > mono_arches
> >
> > For any questions regarding secondary arches, please don't hesitate
> > to contact us.
>
> I have to admit it is quite beyond our abilities to support other
> architectures. Is that something we can try on copr?
> Really, at the moment Mono 2.10 is so outdated, our first aim is to
> get Mono 4 into Fedora, for i386 and x86_64.
> If other people are interested in more architectures than what copr
> supports, they are welcome to join the effort.

what we (in secondary arches) primarily need is the decision how to
proceed - incremental rebuild over 3.4 or complete rebootstrap.
Naturally we prefer the complete rebootstrap as it allows bringing up
new arches. And because we are in no way Mono experts, we would
appreciate the procedure how to do the bootstrap (eg. in form of a
srpm). If needed we can give you access to the various secondary arch
machines. Copr can't help here unfortunately.

> Just looking at https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures.
> So ARM is primary architecture, I guess we need someone to make sure
> Mono runs there too.

AFAIK Fedora devels/packagers (people with FAS accounts) can access
some shared Fedora ARM machines.

		Dan