Submitting bodhi updates is very slow at the moment

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Tue May 12 14:49:28 UTC 2015

On Tue, 12 May 2015 14:31:43 +0200
Alec Leamas <leamas.alec at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 12/05/15 13:36, Sérgio Basto wrote:
> > On Ter, 2015-05-12 at 09:39 +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
>
> > This update is currently being pushed to the Fedora 22 testing
> > updates repository. But isn't pushed yet (12 hours later !?) .

Right. Because we are not pushing just your single update.

An updates push was started right around 00:00UTC which will be the
last Fedora 22 stable push that doesn't involve blockers or freeze
exceptions.

This push was a combined 22/21/20.
So it has stable and updates-testing for all those, for all the arches
we support with all the drpms, multilib, security info, bells and
whistles.

It looks like it should be out pretty soon, it's busy making the atomic
trees for updates/updates testing. (which it does at the end after all
the mashes and such are done).

So, in short: It's not as easy/simple as you might think, please be
patient.

> 12 hours is nothing these days, infra seem to have problems.
> Currently waiting on
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/harctoolbox-1.1.2-4.fc21
> (about two days); a dependency on that took four days from request to
> actually being pushed.

Yeah, last week was a disaster for updates pushing.

Luke and I spent much of the weekend getting things back to working. ;(

kevin