Fedora on Android

Przemek Klosowski przemek.klosowski at nist.gov
Thu May 14 18:39:45 UTC 2015

On 05/13/2015 08:03 PM, Les Howell wrote:
> I created a new UI for GRBL using Python with tkinter.  Not bad, but it
> won't work on an Android Notepad (GX10 from a company called EKEN),
> which was my target.
Are you running the entire show from the notepad? I am asking because a
popular architecture is to run e.g. LinuxCNC on an embedded Intel
(Atom)  or ARM (Beaglebone) motherboard with rich I/O, and use Android
tablets for GUI. In that case, you can install X on Android
(e.g.https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=x.org.server )
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=x.org.server&hl=en>
and run GUI client on the main computer, displaying  on the Android
server over the USB networking.

DISPLAY=192.168.1.11:0 <http://192.168.1.11:0> wish testbuttons.tcl

It runs fine, although the mouse interaction is awkward (have to slide
the cursor to the target first before tapping to click).