Testing request: gdm-on-Wayland on hybrid graphics laptops (esp. Macbooks)

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Fri May 15 02:39:21 UTC 2015

On Thu, 2015-05-14 at 16:17 -0400, Paul Wouters wrote:
> I had gdm issues on my f19 to f22beta upgrade too. Startx worked.
> Worse, the lock screen cannot unlock. Claims wrong passwd. Killing
> Xorg just led to restarted locked screen. Only way out was init 1

Thanks for the report, but I'd like to keep things precise and clear so
we don't confuse ourselves: is this a system with dual GPUs? When you
say 'GDM issues', do you have the same symptom as Chris (boot to a
black screen)? If you edit /etc/gdm/custom.conf and uncomment the line:

#WaylandEnable=false

and reboot, does it start working? Thanks! (same questions for all
testers...)

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey