F23 System Wide Change: Mono 4

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Mon May 18 10:46:55 UTC 2015

On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 11:37 AM, Dan HorĂ¡k <dan at danny.cz> wrote:
> On Mon, 18 May 2015 09:57:14 +0100
> Peter Robinson <pbrobinson at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 9:40 AM, Peter Robinson
>> <pbrobinson at gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > I've untagged this, it needs to be done on a side tag and then
>> > tagged in.
>>
>> There is now a f23-mono4 side tag to use for the mono rebuild, please
>> read and update the rel-eng ticket [1]. Reach out to me via email or
>> IRC (pbrobinson) with any queries.
>>
>> To build packages against the mono4 tag use:
>>
>> 'fedpkg build --target f23-mono4'
>
> Peter, do you have a list what will be rebuilt?

Not really, I would expect this to be provided by the Change owners.

The core bits I've looked at are:
graphviz
avahi

As they impact the rest of the distro.

and a few other packages. There appears to be problems with a number
of the packages regarding either version checks for mono itself or
requiring gmcs, what ever that is! Anything I've rebuilt or tried is
against the above tag so should be straight forward to find.

Either way it looks like there is still quite a bit of work for the
change owners to do before we can tag anything over to f23.

Peter