F23 System Wide Change: Mono 4

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Mon May 18 12:01:34 UTC 2015

On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 12:54 PM, Timotheus Pokorra
<timotheus.pokorra at solidcharity.com> wrote:
> Hello Peter,
>
>> I've rebuilt a few packages in the f23-mono4 side tag, some are broken
>> which causes some others to have failures, you'll need to fix/update
>> nant/dbus-sharp. I'm also rebuilding mono itself as a post boostrap
>> build.
>
> Just for me as clarification: so is the bootstrap process finished?

You tell me, you're the mono expect, not me :)

> What about the secondary architectures?
> Have they been boostrapped already as well?

Nope, they have not.

> I can only see builds on Koji for the primary architectures, but
> perhaps I am looking not everwhere.

<arch>.koji.fedoraproject.org so ppc.koji and s390.koji sadly there is
no aarch64 support for mono as yet/.

> And I have a question about Epel packages as well: Need they to be
> bootstrapped as well?

Do you intend to build and support mono4 in EPEL? Which versions. If
you've not done in EPEL it doesn't magically appear. Similarly you'll
need to file a ticket in the releng trac instance to get a side tag
for this.

I strongly suggest you get it built and all sorted out in rawhide with
all the fixes in the appropriate packages before you consider looking
at EPEL. One thing at a time.

Peter