F23 System Wide Change: Mono 4

Neal Gompa ngompa13 at gmail.com
Mon May 18 12:43:05 UTC 2015

On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 4:42 AM, Peter Robinson <pbrobinson at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 7:06 AM, Neal Gompa <ngompa13 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Sun, May 17, 2015 at 11:52 PM, Moez Roy <moez.roy at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Mono is updated in Rawhide. Can a proven-packager run a script to
> >> rebuild all the packages that require mono.
> >>
> >> -Thanks.
> >> --
> >

> > With mono-2.x not able to build in Fedora 22, and zero mono-based
> > applications on the critical path (that is, none are required for any
> given
> > spin), could mono 4 be pushed out to F22 in updates along with working
> > builds of all the mono-dependent packages? I'd rather not see Fedora 22
> be
> > without any mono support for the entirety of its life cycle...
>
> No, there's a lot of packages with mono bindings that are on the
> critical path, avahi for example, this is WAY to invasive for F-22.
>
> Peter
> --

​But the bindings themselves aren't used in the critical path. We don't
even bundle mono into any spin anymore. We couldn't even if we wanted to
because mono-2.x isn't building in F22.​ If these Timotheus and others can
pull together the fixes needed to get all the packages up and going again,
could it not be pushed as a post-F22 release update?