F23 System Wide Change: Mono 4

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Tue May 19 09:36:28 UTC 2015

On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 4:52 AM, Moez Roy <moez.roy at gmail.com> wrote:
> Mono is updated in Rawhide. Can a proven-packager run a script to
> rebuild all the packages that require mono.

Most of these are now built, sadly because all the bits needed weren't
actually committed it wasn't as simple as running a script.

They will be in today's rawhide compose.

I did a bunch of cleanup as I went and we tagged in 57 builds, see the
ticket [1] for the details. There are a number of failures where
packages need to be updated but over all they're leaf packages so only
really affect themselves. There were 57 packages tagged in, there's
around 70 packages that depend on mono in total, IMO this is too
invasive for F-22, there would be a lot of work to get that landed
cleanly.

Where ARMv7 was previously included it now builds in all cases, the
hardfp was known to have issues in 2.x which was fixed in the 3.x
cycle so moving forward the only current unsupported Fedora
architecture is aarch64.

If anyone sees any issues with the buildroot in general due to this let me know.

In terms of some other points please don't add repetitive rpm macros
to all the mono files, please create an appropriate rpm macro package.
Please reach out to me if you don't know what that means.

Please also go through all the relevant package BZ and update tickets,
review bugs etc.

[1] https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/ticket/6180