F23 Self Contained Change: Netizen Spin

Jan Kurik jkurik at redhat.com
Wed May 20 09:07:09 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----

The question whether Spins need to be System-wide or Self-contained Changes has been raised on the last FESCo meeting and the conclusion was to have Spins as Self-contained. However every request for a Spin goes to FESCo for a review. So, FESCo has the opportunity to turn a specific Spin requests to a System-wide change if they consider so.

Regards,
Jan

> And generally I agree with the concern raised on the spins list
> (https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/spins/2015-May/004222.html and
> following) that the spin description can, at least by a quick read without
> reading the actual kickstart, likely to be misunderstood to deliver more
> than it actually does. For example, just including a tor package by no means
> guarantees privacy (e.g. it does nothing about all the ways Fedora leaks
> information about being Fedora).
>     Mirek
> --

Jan Kuřík
Platform Program Manager
Red Hat Czech s.r.o., Purkynova 99/71, 612 45 Brno, Czech Republic