ABRT report for package soundconverter has reached 10 occurrences

Richard Marko rmarko at redhat.com
Fri May 22 14:47:42 UTC 2015

> On Wed, 20 May 2015 20:50:10 +0000 (UTC), notifications fedoraproject org wrote:
>
>> Packages: soundconverter
>> Function: change_mime_type
>> Firtst occurrence: 2015-05-20
>> Type:     python
>> Count:    10
>>
> It could be more productive to submit a bug report in bugzilla.
>
> Based on only the source line numbers in this shortened report, it seems
> somebody either has been using a damaged installation, where GStreamer
> has been damaged, or has tried to hack additional encoder MIME types into
> the application.

That might be a reason why there's no bugzilla attached to this report.
Another possibility is that user didn't finish reporting to bugzilla or
only has automatic reporting enabled - in this case bugzilla is created
when there's a user that actually finishes whole reporting process.

While we would like to create bugzilla bugs from faf reports
automatically this proven rather complicated to deliver quality bug
reports based on little information we have on the server.

Instead there's "Associate bug" button in case you're logged in and
viewing a report of a package that you're maintainer of. Clicking this
button will take you to a page where you can either associate report
with already existing bugzilla or create a new bug.

--
Richard Marko