Fedora 22 Repositories contain Fedora 21 Packages?

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Fri May 22 19:46:17 UTC 2015

On Sat, 23 May 2015 01:10:21 +0530
Sumit Bhardwaj <sumitkbhardwaj at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have a fresh installation of Fedora 22 RC1 with all the extra stuff
> I needed installed. Today I was going through the list of packages
> installed on my system and was a little bit surprised to find some
> packages ending in "fc21" in their names. Now, for an upgraded system
> that might happen, but on a clean install, why I am getting FC21
> packages?
>
> Because per my understanding, for any branched release, packages are
> completely rebuilt. Then how did this happen?

There was no mass rebuild for f22. There was not time in the schedule
to do it and still release around when we wanted to.

Additionally, there's aways some few packages that fail to rebuild in
the mass rebuild but yet continue to work fine. So, on any release you
could see packages from older versions, it's nothing to worry about.

> More to the point, do I have to care about or do something about
> these? Will these be auto upgraded later with their FC22 counterparts?

No. No need to worry. When/if they need an update for some reason, they
would be built with a newer version and you would update.

kevin