poppler soname bump in rawhide

Marek Kasik mkasik at redhat.com
Tue May 26 13:27:43 UTC 2015

Hi,

I plan to rebase poppler in rawhide to poppler-0.33.0 during the next week.

There are several API changes and soname bump of the base library
libpoppler.so.*.

I've prepared a scratch build of poppler-0.33.0 against which you can
test your packages. You can find the build here:

or here:

http://mkasik.fedorapeople.org/poppler/

Poppler developers changed the model they use for releasing.
All releases should be considered stable from now so even the odd ones.

Also, if your package use the unstable API (headers from poppler-devel),
could you consider to change it to use a stable API (glib, qt, C++)?
This would allow us to not ship the headers and rebase to the newest
poppler versions whenever we want not just in Rawhide.

Regards

Marek