[Guidelines change] Changes to the packaging guidelines

Miloslav Trmač mitr at redhat.com
Tue May 26 18:48:32 UTC 2015

> Yes, that's the way I understand it too. The distinction between local
> and remote is that remote attacks are in general more likely and thus
> dangerous.
> This is a good assumption - I'm sure that on most installations of Fedora
> there's just one or a few trusted users, and they outnumber installations
> with a large list of potentially rogue accounts.

Note that with the recent-ish push towards having not-quite-trusted or even not-at-all-trusted applications running in local containers, local attacks over the network are more of a threat than in the past. (Not in the sense that running untrusted software locally any more of a threat with containers, but in the sense that we used to just say “don’t do that” and now some are promising that this is, or will be, safe.)
    Mirek