Fedora 22 and missing applications

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Tue May 26 18:56:42 UTC 2015

Hi,

On 05/26/2015 05:33 PM, Richard Hughes wrote:
> Quite a few people are going to be installing Fedora 22 in the coming
> days, searching for things in the software center and not finding
> their esoteric GUI tool. This is because some applications still don’t
> ship AppData files, which have become compulsory in the workstation
> spin for this release. Luckily, the vast majority of applications that
> don't include AppData are not popular and most have little-to-no
> upstream activity.
>
> If you want to check an application without installing F22 you can use
> this link http://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/screenshots/f22/matrix.html

What does "dead" in that table mean? I see a lot of games marked this way,
and yes many games see little upstream activity, because once a game is
finished it typically really is finished.

If I add appdata files to packages marked dead, will that make them
available in the software center? Or ... ?

Regards,

Hans