Fedora 22 and missing applications

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Tue May 26 21:10:55 UTC 2015

Am 26.05.2015 um 22:48 schrieb Richard Hughes:
> On 26 May 2015 at 19:56, Hans de Goede <hdegoede at redhat.com> wrote:
>> What does "dead" in that table mean? I see a lot of games marked this way,
>> and yes many games see little upstream activity, because once a game is
>> finished it typically really is finished.
>
> Dead means "no upstream release in 5 years"

that definition is simply broken
if it ain't broken don't fix it

no idea why people these days always think everything needs massive
change sand new releases each week to be fresh (and buggy all the time)

you need learn to accept that software reaches the point where iot is
just *read yand finished* just because it does what it is supposed to do
and needs ntohing fixed or changed all the time

>> If I add appdata files to packages marked dead, will that make them
>> available in the software center? Or ... ?
>
> Yes, that shows you care as a packager and allows you to "rescue"
> otherwise unloved applications

who are you to define if an application is "loved"

there are likely users who love it longer than you appeared with the
appdata idea at all and install, upgrade it with no need for any shiny
interface