Fedora 22 Dispplay with stripes

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Wed May 27 16:16:05 UTC 2015

On 05/27/2015 05:27 PM, Sergio Belkin wrote:

>>> What did you use to get this list?  It's different than the lspci output.  lspci identifies mine as:
>>> Intel Corporation 82865G Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 02)
>>

>> lspci -v -mm -k ;) Nice, isn't it?
>>
>> It's a bit weird I've reenabled the composite in KDE and problem it went away...
>>

> Hi,
>
> any news, ideas, with about this topic, driver is working terrible, I
> thought that was a KDE issue, but in MATE it happens either...

Today, a similar issue happened to me with the Fedora installer, when
installing F22 on my old netbook.

When the installation started, initially a couple of horizontal strips
appeared, which gradually accumulated until the display was entirely
unreadable and distorted.

Video card:
Slot:	00:02.0
Class:	VGA compatible controller
Vendor:	Intel Corporation
Device:	Mobile 945GSE Express Integrated Graphics Controller
SVendor:	Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. [MSI]
SDevice:	Device 0110
Rev:	03
Driver:	i915
Module:	i915