Reminder: Fedora 20 end of life on 2015-06-23

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Wed May 27 18:50:07 UTC 2015

On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 11:55:04AM -0500, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> Fedora 20 will reach end of life on 2015-06-23, and no further updates
> will be pushed out after that time. Additionally, with the recent
> release of Fedora 22, no new packages will be added to the Fedora 20
> collection.

So, here's a question.... With F21 released December 9, but F23
scheduled for October*, if we go with the normal one month overlap,
that means the total F21 livespan will be only 11 months. We often tell
people that the "n+1 + 1 month" scheme means the normal supported time
is about 13 months. This next time around, do we want to say "and
'about' sometimes means 11!", or do we instead want to EOL in December
(or even January)?

As is often the case, I can see benefits either way.

* a date I hope we can hit, because that will get us back to a less
hectic schedule for F24 in the _next_ spring

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>