libvpx got soname bump and no one noticed?

Marcin Juszkiewicz mjuszkiewicz at redhat.com
Wed May 27 20:39:30 UTC 2015

F22 got released so I upgraded my machine from F22 to rawhide. But as
usual it meant rebuilding rpmfusion packages (as they do not support
rawhide).

All went quite good. Except installing:

Error: package ffmpeg-libs-2.6.2-3.fc23.x86_64 requires
libvpx.so.2()(64bit), but none of the providers can be installed.

Why's that?

libvpx 1.4.0 bumped libvpx.so.1 -> libvpx.so.2 and I did not found any
mail about it on fedora-devel ML (maybe such mails are not required, no
idea - many such were sent). Most of rawhide is built against libvpx
1.3.0 so old soname is required.

Simple 'dnf remove "libvpx.so.1()(64bit)"' on my rawhide shows 512
packages including wine, kde, gstreamer plugins and lot of other stuff.

How to solve it? I am afraid that answer would be "wait 2 months, we
will slowly solve it by new uploads" ;(