RFC: LiveUSB Creator Revamped

Martin Bříza mbriza at redhat.com
Thu May 28 12:28:17 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

for quite a while, I've been working on implementation of a new, revamped
UI, designed by Jakub Steiner for the LiveUSB Creator [0]. Currently, me
and Luke are slowly moving to merge the changes back into the master
branch of the tree. Some stuff is not done, like descriptions of the
images or final look of the icons but the really important things are
already there.

I'm writing here to ask you guys for input on what you think about how it
looks like now. I've set up a Copr repository [1] and put a Windows
package together [2].
I'm open to all kinds of feature requests, bug reports, any kind of input
that comes to your minds.
The Copr version still contains just udisks support. Udisks2 will be added
ASAP (when I rebase my branch against master and build the package again).

Specifically, what we'd love to settle is: what to do with the main screen
with the three promoted images. Obviously, putting a Server or Cloud
Product on a USB drive is a nonsense. One could argue the tool at least
downloads the images for you, though.

Cheers,
Martin

[0] https://github.com/lmacken/liveusb-creator/tree/feature/new-ui