fedup for F23 and beyond

Michael Catanzaro mcatanzaro at gnome.org
Thu May 28 22:42:55 UTC 2015

On Thu, 2015-05-28 at 15:05 -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> With timed: you don't get the newest thing, but switching to the new
> stuff is more on your schedule. You can ignore the new release for a
> while and still get bugfixes/security updates until you are ready to
> do
> the upgrade.

I should add one more thing: in my vision, applications are always
updated, period, and that's more important than anything else. We have
to do that no matter what, or people will start leaving Fedora for
Ubuntu Snappy Whatever which is supposed to arrive real soon now.
They're going to have a stable OS with up-to-date applications (not
considered part of the OS!), and we need that too to remain
competitive.