fedup for F23 and beyond

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Fri May 29 18:55:55 UTC 2015

Am 29.05.2015 um 20:50 schrieb Matthew Miller:
> On Fri, May 29, 2015 at 08:40:07PM +0200, Reindl Harald wrote:
>> cool, and now we went the windows road
>> * security update of library X
>> * nobody knows which applications are still vulnerable
>
> Why does no one know? Keeping track of this kind of thing is exactly
> what computers are good for

because when each and every application sjips it's own libraries it's a
mess - that's exactly what package managers are for - if i would like
that mess i would buy a Mac what won't happen in that life except Linux
distributions going to become like MacOSX or Windows

but seriously when this happens i quit the whole IT business, not only
Fedora, not the first time in my life to change my job by 180 degrees