Fedora 23 Final RC10 status is GO !

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sun Nov 1 22:31:24 UTC 2015

Am 01.11.2015 um 23:20 schrieb Michael Catanzaro:
> On Sun, 2015-11-01 at 17:53 +0000, Peter Robinson wrote:
>> The problem is we have to freeze sometime to ensure stability in the
>> installer platform, the live and other images which are static. If
>> not
>> it's too much of a moving target to try and QA and ensure everything
>> works as expected. To freeze is a fairly standard procedure for all
>> distro development.
>
> Yeah, but most distros stay frozen... to unfreeze after release -- let
> alone with 500 updates on day zero! -- is something uniquely Fedora.
>
> Really, only my updates should be allowed out to users. All of yours
> should have to wait for the next release. Obviously not a serious
> statement, but we all think our own updates are important, whereas
> collectively it is important to Fedora to reduce the quantity of
> updates. That implies individual maintainers shouldn't have final say
> on updates....

nonsense

if individual should not have final say on updates one could use also
Debian and *not* Fedora - the is no perfect reason because issues are
different

refrain from updates may keep annoying bugs currently in Fedora fixed
soon and updates *may* introduce new bugs

*who* if not the package maintainer which hopefully uses his own
packages should have the final say? some group of people not
understanding the issues really?