Updates (was Fedora 23 Final RC10 status is GO !)

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sun Nov 1 23:52:14 UTC 2015

Am 02.11.2015 um 00:36 schrieb Michael Catanzaro:
>> *who* if not the package maintainer which hopefully uses his own
>> packages should have the final say? some group of people not
>> understanding the issues really?
>
> The counterargument is that we keep seeing major version updates that
> violate our existing updates policy. Who if not a neutral party charged
> with upholding that policy should have the final say? Some maintainers
> who clearly haven't read it?

and what about software not breaking randomly?

a version number don't say *anything* about the impact of a update -
there are stol developers out there which are able to provide new
feautures without breaking everything left and right

show me as example *one* postfix major update in the last 10 years
breaking existing setups - not every upstream acts like GNOME