Fedora 23 Final RC10 status is GO !

Sérgio Basto sergio at serjux.com
Mon Nov 2 01:28:07 UTC 2015

On Dom, 2015-11-01 at 17:53 +0000, Peter Robinson wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 1, 2015 at 5:06 PM, Sérgio Basto <sergio at serjux.com> wrote:
> > On Sex, 2015-10-30 at 17:47 +0100, Jan Kurik wrote:
> >> At the third round of Fedora 23 Final Go/No-Go Meeting, that just
> >> ends, has been Fedora 23 Final-RC10 declared as GOLD.
> >> GA of this release is planed on Tuesday 2015-Nov-03.
> >>
> > Today we got 531 updates for F23 , IMO, you should include it on Fedora
> > 23 Final before GA , doesn't make sense (to me) after download an ISO
> > have 1/2 Giga of updates, but this happens since RedHad 9 at least .
> > IMO, testing team should respin ISO with updates and testing again .
> > I have some difficulty in following all development, fortunately Fedora
> > is always at great speed, but it is not easy to follow. And do more
> > tests we not lose anything, IMHO.
>
> The problem is we have to freeze sometime to ensure stability in the
> installer platform, the live and other images which are static. If not
> it's too much of a moving target to try and QA and ensure everything
> works as expected. To freeze is a fairly standard procedure for all
> distro development.

Make an respin for F23 with stable updates, IMHO, should not break
anything, because at this stage, just stable things are being pushed. So
it should be just one more loop in testing phase, anyway if breaks
something test team can freeze process again, until provide a  fix.
This is not new !, respins of fedoraunity was an example and we already
have living respins [1], so we just need do new respin officially!.
Shouldn't be a big deal, If I'm not mistaken.

[1] http://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/live-respins/

--
Sérgio M. B.