Fedora 23 Final RC10 status is GO !

Gerald B. Cox gbcox at bzb.us
Mon Nov 2 12:59:58 UTC 2015

On Mon, Nov 2, 2015 at 9:07 AM, Jonathan Underwood <
jonathan.underwood at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think it is to some extent a question of what we are QA'ing for. As
> I see it (and I may be in the minority), the QA process is a process
> put in place to ensure the *install and live media* function
> correctly, and produce a working installed system from which the user
> can move forward with updates.

Exactly.  The purpose of the install and live media is to have a system
that functions.  Regarding the 500+ updates...   No one is forcing you to
update your system - and if you do, as another person pointed out,
deltarpms will reduce the amount of bandwidth required.  If you wait for
updates to stop before you decide to go GA, you're going to be waiting
forever.  Additionally, artificially manipulating the process more than it
already is serves no real purpose.  It just adds additional work with no
real benefit.  Eventually there are going to be updates.  This seems to me
about coming up with additional arbitrary criteria for a system that by its
nature is always going to be arbitrary.  I think there are more pressing
issues and better ways for the community to spend it's resources.