Fedora 23 Final RC10 status is GO !

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Tue Nov 3 01:28:08 UTC 2015

I think official respins are a good idea, indeed. But:

Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> So, in order to do what you are wanting we need (at least) 3 things:
>
> 1) releng has to make every daily compose a full compose of all
> deliverables. We have actually been working toward this, and perhaps
[snip]
> 2) QA would need to be able to do a full release validation on a set of
> deliverables _every day_. Again, we are making progress here, we have

Who said we'd have to do a respin every day? Having weekly, biweekly or
monthly respins would be enough, as long as the updates keep flowing daily.
Just do the respins only as often as resources (including QA) allow.

(And to those people who want to do "service packs": please focus your
"service pack" testing on the respins instead, and don't break the existing
update system that works fine.)

I found the existing live respins to be very helpful even though they are
not done anywhere near daily. A simple yum/dnf update gets you fully up to
date, and the respins decrease the amount of needed updates significantly.

        Kevin Kofler