Fedora 23 Final RC10 status is GO !

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Tue Nov 3 01:48:58 UTC 2015

On Mon, 2015-11-02 at 20:27 -0500, Eric Griffith wrote:
> Hey all, hate to be a downer but we might have a bug in the installer
>
> Just installed F23 Workstation via RC10. Encryption with btrfs across
> two
> drives. Intel graphics (Lenovo t450s if anyone has access to one).
> Installed the system, rebooted into system. I get met with a black
> screen
> and the text
>
> "Error: Can't find the command: /dev/mapper/luks-0be
>
> Press any key to continue"
>
> Boot continues forward without any action on users behalf, despite
> what is
> displayed. Plymouth never loads, text based loading. I got prompted
> for
> encryption passphrase, supply it, boot continues.
>
> I get "A start job is running for dev-mapper-luks\(random
> characters).device ( (timer counter) / no limit)"
>
> And then boot stalls with the counter incrementing. Will try a
> reinstall
> later tonight, but before I do that does anyone need / want debug
> info?
> Adam?

File a bug, I guess. I don't think we test encrypted btrfs - we test
btrfs, and we test encryption, but the brtfs tests don't specify
encryption and the encryption tests just use the default filesystem (so
ext4 or xfs).

The installer has lots of bugs. We know about some of them. ;)

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey