Update pushing and bugzilla workflow

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Tue Nov 3 02:47:45 UTC 2015

On Tue, 2015-11-03 at 02:37 +0100, Kevin Kofler wrote:

> > Would it make sense to have a composite update type that targets
> > multiple releases, where (a) newer targeted releases must be marked
> > stable before older targeted releases and (b) the bugzilla bug is
> > closed once all of the targetted releases are pushed?
>
> Yes, but most importantly the karma should be shared across all
> releases so
> that they can be queued all at once even if (as usual) nobody
> bothered
> testing Fedora n-1.

Karma does not always apply across releases; just because an update
works on one release doesn't mean it works on another. (I've messed
this up myself, more than once, in the past). There's no perfect
answer, unfortunately, so long as we don't get sufficient karma for all
releases.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey