STOP messing with nfs-utls... PLEASE!!!

Steve Dickson SteveD at redhat.com
Tue Nov 3 16:54:07 UTC 2015

On 11/03/2015 11:37 AM, Richard Hughes wrote:
> On 3 November 2015 at 16:16, Steve Dickson <SteveD at redhat.com> wrote:
>> Are there any other examples of this? Ii just looked
>> like a real hack to me...
>
> To put it in perspective, Kalev has helped me get the desktop RHEL 7.1
> update through the various RHEL processes, involving quite a few of
> these bootstrap dependency issues. He knows more about this kind of
> stuff than I do.
Key word being.... "helped" not just do it... I would like
a chance to at least looking into the dependency issue.

Maybe bootstrapping is the only way, but a bz should
opened to describe the problem and we should be having
this discussion in that bz... IMHO...

I think setting the precedence of allowing non-maintainers
to make any changes they want is not a good direction
for us to go... again... IMHO...

Open up a bz and lets discuss it.

>> Its called having respect for maintainers... You just don't start
>> hacking on people's packages just because you think or
>> there is something wrong (and expect no push back)
>
> You should if you are a provenpackager, and your job requires you to
> have a depsolvable Fedora. Breaking rawhide and then attacking the
> person trying to fix it is not cool at all. Respect is a two way
> thing. https://getfedora.org/code-of-conduct
The rawhide build didn't not break because of the
dependency issues since this dependency has been
around a long time...

I'm trying to be as respectful and productive as I
possibility can... I truly believe nothing
positive comes out of negativity so I'm trying
to be as positive as I can...

steved.