Orphaning JBoss Tools package

Gerard Ryan galileo at fedoraproject.org
Tue Nov 3 20:22:57 UTC 2015

On 11/02/2015 11:49 PM, Marcus Karlsson wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 01, 2015 at 03:56:15PM +0000, Gerard Ryan wrote:
>> Hi devel list (and cc'ed eclipse-sig list),
>>
>> I'm going to orphan the eclipse-jbosstools package in rawhide, as I'm no
>> longer able to give it the time that it needs. My understanding is that
>> if nobody takes it, it will be auto-retired after 6 weeks (please
>> correct me if I'm wrong here).
>>
>> If you're interested in taking it & have any questions, I'm happy to
>> provide any input I can. I think ideally it would want more than one
>> active maintainer to get it into the shape that it needs to be (not all
>> features are currently packaged, and significant effort would be
>> required there).
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Gerard.
>
> Hi Gerard.
>
> I'm interested in stepping up and maintaining this package as I
> occasionally use it and would love to see it fully supported on Fedora.
> :-)
>
> 		Marcus

Hi Marcus,

That's great to hear that you're interested in it. Like you said, it
would be great to see all of it in Fedora, since it's great for the kind
of development that it targets.

Currently it doesn't build in Rawhide because of missing dependencies.
Also there's a new release that I spend a couple of weekends trying to
get to work, but eventually failed.

Have you had a chance to look at it yet and try it out?

Gerard.