Fedora 23 Final RC10 status is GO !

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Wed Nov 4 14:30:00 UTC 2015

On Tue, 3 Nov 2015 09:23:49 +0100
Petr Spacek <pspacek at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 3.11.2015 01:56, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> > And with my proposed change to the release
> > policy (slip = unfreeze, sync all updates, refreeze), you could
> > also use the time to get fixes/improvements in that would have
> > otherwise missed the release.
>
> +1, this seems like a very reasonable proposal to me.

The problem here is that a slip is a week.

Right now, if we slip it's usually just a bug or two and those get
worked on and we spin a new RC and test, etc.

If we did this it could mean potentially lots more blockers, so it
could leed to longer slips. Also, it could make changes such that
things don't even compose.

But it's an interesting idea.
I'd love to hear what QA folks think about it.

kevin