packaging golang guidelines (like etcd, consul)

Adam Goode adam at spicenitz.org
Fri Nov 6 14:47:42 UTC 2015

On Mon, Nov 02, 2015 at 09:05:09AM -0500, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 01, 2015 at 05:44:42PM +0100, Jan Chaloupka wrote:
> > >are there some fedora guidelines for golang apps?
> > >are there macros and helpers for rpm?
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/Go
>
> This needs help in going from a draft to real guidelines.

I am also trying to figure this out. Looking at actual
packaged golang things in Fedora, I see quite a difference
between the drafts and what I see in specfiles. There
are a lot of macros copied everywhere.

Is there any more up to date guidance? It would be an
improvement to even just copy/paste emails of discussions
into the bottom of the wiki draft.

Adam