Fedora Release Tools team - some house keeping and process changes

Amanda Carter acarter at redhat.com
Fri Nov 6 16:51:31 UTC 2015

For anyone who isn't already aware, I've partnered with the Fedora release tooling folks to help organize work and communication into and out of the team. The team is focused on tooling & process in support of the release engineering functions of Fedora. The core team consists of Adam Miller, Kushal Das, Dennis Gilmore, Luke Macken & Sayan Chowdhury with special guest appearances as needed. I've been working with the team for a couple of months now on a trial basis and we're making it more official post-F23. We're making a few changes in our process to make things more transparent and predictable...

* moving our project work into Taiga [1] & using its kanban board to track what we're doing
* publishing our commitments for Fedora releases and our priority pipeline [2] so that it's easier to see what's planned (this includes being more diligent about filing changes for bigger items)
* regular meetings with some stakeholders to make sure that we're getting the right input to the team (I am always open to hear from anyone so shout at me if you need to)
* regular backlog grooming meetings with the team to review our priorities on a weekly or biweekly basis
* monthly live demos of our completed work

This is still unfolding and we're working out kinks and getting into the swing of things, so please bear with us as we do. I wanted to get this note out to you all (and feel free to forward) to make sure that everyone was aware of the changes and can get engaged in the process. If you have questions, feedback or need to reach out at any time, please let me know.

Thanks in advance!

--
Amanda Carter

[1] http://taiga.cloud.fedoraproject.org/project/acarter-fedora-docker-atomic-tooling/kanban
[2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ReleaseEngineering/PriorityPipeline

PS - adding tflink here b/c I assume I need to be a member of the qa list before my message will be sent and I'm waiting for approval there; let me know if I need to resend please?