F24: no rsyslog forwarding

Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek zbyszek at in.waw.pl
Sat Nov 7 16:20:54 UTC 2015

On Sat, Nov 07, 2015 at 01:31:11PM +0100, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 07.11.2015 um 12:59 schrieb Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek:

> >>it does not need to Forward the old way hence "ForwardToSyslog=no"
> >>and instead "$ModLoad imjournal" which is nothing new but don't work
> >>at Rawhide currecntly while it dooes on F20/F21/F22/f23
> >>
> >>http://www.rsyslog.com/doc/v8-stable/configuration/modules/imjournal.html
> >>
> >>to say it in other words: i did not ask for "probably", just pointed
> >>out that Rawhide is currently broken, that probably systemd or
> >>probably rsyslog is broken in the one or other direction is clear
> >
> >I looks like a problem on the rsyslog side, from what you describe.
> >A permission issue seems the most likely
>
> permission to what?
>
> since rsyslog with "imjournal" reads data from journald than it
> sounds more like an systemd regression if it's a permission issue
> (no SELinux is part of the game here)
Privileges are needed to read the journal. Please file a bug against
rsyslog, include the output of getfacl /var/log/journal /run/log/journal,
and other useful info, and I'm sure rsyslog maintainers will be able
to figure it out or redirect it back to systemd if necessary.
We're not going to solve it on the mailing list.

Zbyszek