DNF is completly unable to act with local packages

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 18:50:37 UTC 2015

On Sat, 7 Nov 2015 17:20:25 +0100, Reindl Harald wrote:

> but after nearly 10 years "yum update *.rpm" or "yum localupdate *.rpm"
> i have zero understanding for "dnf update *.rpm" not working properly
> over months and releases

That doesn't surprise me. I don't understand those half-hearted attempts
at staying compatible with Yum anyway. ;-)

After years of getting results via a --whatrequires query documented
for tools in many places, dnf choose to cripple that option and requires
the user to add a flag or run a different query. In bugzilla, duplicates
about that have piled up even -> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1248201