Retire a package from Fedora i686 (not x86_64)

Alexander Ploumistos alex.ploumistos at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 23:52:50 UTC 2015

On Tue, Nov 10, 2015 at 1:34 AM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:
> about money: with the energy costs i saved going away from P4 computers many
> years ago my current one is already paied

Nobody is saying that a newer computer won't save you money on the
power bill. What they have repeatedly stated and for some (first
world, perhaps?) reason you refuse to acknowledge, is that you can't
trade future power use for a new computer; you have to pay up front,
it's a sort of investment, that not everyone is affluent enough to
make. Not every person or institution can afford to get a new Phenom
or Xeon or whatever every year, or even every X years.
What exactly do you suggest these people do? Get LFS, Gentoo or Arch
and clear all incompatible flags? Or should they apply for a loan to
their bank, detailing the ROI from reduced power usage?