Fedora 23 Final RC10 status is GO !

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Tue Nov 10 01:11:19 UTC 2015

On Mon, 2015-11-09 at 13:56 +0100, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Kamil Paral wrote:
> > So we could ignore freeze just for packages not being on any install
> > medium. But then I'm not sure how much that is helpful and it might be
> > difficult to implement this in Bodhi.
>
> In the old manual process, I just had to ask rel-eng and they'd blanket-OK
> freeze overrides for such packages (with the same arguments as yours, i.e.,
> it cannot really break anything).

Yes - and that frequently went wrong. That's precisely why we ditched
that process and came up with a better one, where the decision isn't
made on-the-fly by whoever happens to be reading the tickets in releng,
but is made according to an established process, by a sensible group of
stakeholders, with proper tracking and a paper trail.

>  These days, such freeze override requests
> get blanket-rejected instead (because it doesn't make much of a difference,
> so they don't see any reason to make exceptions to the processes).

Nothing gets blanket rejected. Each FE proposal is evaluated
individually on its merits.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey