Retire a package from Fedora i686 (not x86_64)

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Tue Nov 10 08:23:45 UTC 2015

Am 10.11.2015 um 00:52 schrieb Alexander Ploumistos:
> On Tue, Nov 10, 2015 at 1:34 AM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:
>> about money: with the energy costs i saved going away from P4 computers many
>> years ago my current one is already paied
>
> Nobody is saying that a newer computer won't save you money on the
> power bill. What they have repeatedly stated and for some (first
> world, perhaps?) reason you refuse to acknowledge, is that you can't
> trade future power use for a new computer; you have to pay up front,
> it's a sort of investment, that not everyone is affluent enough to
> make. Not every person or institution can afford to get a new Phenom
> or Xeon or whatever every year, or even every X years.
> What exactly do you suggest these people do? Get LFS, Gentoo or Arch
> and clear all incompatible flags? Or should they apply for a loan to
> their bank, detailing the ROI from reduced power usage?

i would suggest NOT use a fast moving distribution like Fedora for such
antique hardware

why do you ask again when i statet *more than once* that i have zero
understaind for combine more than 10 years old hardware with a
bleeding-edge distribution and then demand the bleeding-edge
distribution to support that hardware the next 20 years instead move forward