[Guidelines change] Changes to the packaging guidelines

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Tue Nov 10 19:34:04 UTC 2015

NG> In regards to boolean/rich dependencies, DNF should
NG> support them fine, because libsolv (the depsolver library)
NG> does.

This ban came a the direct request of one of the DNF project managers
during Flock.  The final syntax hadn't even been chosen then.  Of course
things may have progressed since then, but I've simply been slow to
announce something that was passed by FPC not long after Flock.

I'm sure that someone will ask for said guideline to be updated to
indicate the Fedora version where it is permitted once things are
actually ready to go.

NG> The page says "RPM 1.13".

My apologies for the typographical error, though you should either
contact FPC or at least CC me directly about such things, instead of
hoping that I see a mailing list message.

 - J<