where is mariadb-10.0.21-1.fc23 ?

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Wed Nov 11 17:38:23 UTC 2015

On Wed, 11 Nov 2015 00:29:10 -0800
Adam Williamson <adamwill at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> No, the OP had it right. In some cases, we can wind up with older
> updates being pushed over newer ones. That is, if an update
> 'foo-2.0-1' is submitted, then an update 'foo-2.0-2' is submitted,
> then 'foo-2.0-2' is pushed stable, then 'foo-2.0-1' is pushed stable
> *later* (which can happen with auto-karma if the foo-2.0-1 update is
> never withdrawn), 2.0-1 can be pushed over the top of 2.0-2.
>
> There are some safeguards against this, I think, but it does still
> sometimes seem to happen in some circumstances, like this one.

Yeah. Bodhi will normally obsolete an older update when you submit the
newer one, however thats not always possible:

* The older update may be locked in a currently happening push.
* The older update may be part of an update with 10 other packages.

The main bug/issue here is that when bodhi pushes things it asks koji
to move the tags as required, but there's no ordering to that request.
So, it says: "hey koji, move the tags on these 100 packages over to f23
for me" and koji does them in whatever order it wants, then whatever is
the thing last tagged "wins" as far as being the one thats pushed out.
Luke is aware of this bug and is working on a way to detect/fix this
stuff, but it's not easy.

> In this
> case it seems like they got pushed stable in the same transaction,
>> but
> 1.06-1.fc23 was ordered slightly later than 1.07-1.fc23:
>
> https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/perl-Event-RPC-1.07-1.fc23#comment-332357
> (18:03:30.614903)
> https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/perl-Event-RPC-1.06-1.fc23#comment-332364
> (18:03:31.486243)
>
> and 1.06-1.fc23 won. In
> https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/releases/23/Everything/x86_64/os/Packages/p/
> , we find:
>
> https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/releases/23/Everything/x86_64/os/Packages/p/perl-Event-RPC-1.06-1.fc23.noarch.rpm
>
> not 1.07-1.

The best thing we can do about these cases right now is for maintainers
to PAY ATTENTION. If you have multiple updates in flight for the same
package, please make sure they don't both go stable at the same time.

Failing that, when you notice these issues after the fact, file a
releng ticket and we can retag things in the right order so it gets
fixed.

kevin