Retire a package from Fedora i686 (not x86_64)

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 21:01:14 UTC 2015

On 11 November 2015 at 13:20, Fred New <fred.new2911 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 7, 2015 at 6:03 AM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net>
> wrote:

>>> According to my system, it has SSSE3. Is it SSE3?
>>> Taken from A10-7400P laptop
>>

>> any system not older than 10 years has SSE3 and frankly systems older than
>> 10 years are hardly a traget for Fedora at all
>>
> On the other hand, my >10 year-old 32-bit system (Fedora 22) is the only
> place my LaserJet 4L printer works. My 64-bit systems drop control sequences
> (like they don't flush the output buffer), leaving the last page of every
> job sitting in printer memory. I reported the bug a few years ago, but it
> got closed as WONTFIX and now I can't find it in bugzilla.

I don't doubt it is WONTFIX :).

That printer is old enough to vote and drink in the United States.
Depending on how the printer is connected to the computer you would
need either a parallel port debugger or whatever monstrosity is
converting USB to RS232 (if you are using serial input).. or SCSI?

At a certain point this sort of hardware can only be supported if
there are owners who can do the kind of work needed to make it work.
Which usually means that at some point you move off of the
'cutting/bleeding' edge distributions to something like Debian or
CentOS 5.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.