Retire a package from Fedora i686 (not x86_64)

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 11 21:35:56 UTC 2015

Reindl Harald composed on 2015-11-11 22:10 (UTC+0100):

> when you and the other 5 users think they can demand support for ancient
> hardware forever because these days cheap hardware is too much cost i
> tell you that my lifetime for adpot a ton of regressions cuased by
> replacing perfect fine working software with half baken replacements is
> *much more* worth because you can buy reasonable hardware, i can't buy
> additional lifetime wasted over the last years by braindead software
> decisions

Must be nice to be affluent. This thread proves you simply don't get that not
everyone is in position to buy, buy, buy to replace what ain't broke just
because marketers and manufacturers have something ostensibly better to
offer. Many, many many have no choice but to make do with whatever they have
or can acquire without money. They too want to do the best they can with what
they have or can get without money, meaning for many, first choice would not
be a yesteryear distro. Compatibililty with more blessed peers or for other
reasons may be necessary, and dictate at least some "bleeding edge" software.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/